Crunchy broccoli, dark sweet cherries, and pistachio tossed in a complex aromatic ras el hanout-based dressing.
I highly recommend using a fruit/vegetable wash to remove small insects, waxes, pesticides, dirt, and chemicals from produce. These washes are non-toxic as they are made with natural fruit oils. Homemade solutions are simple to make as well! To make your own, add water, vinegar, and baking soda. Soak the veggies for 10-15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly under running water.
- 4 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 garlic clove trimmed, peeled, grated
- 3 medium heads of broccoli florets
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup pistachios deshelled
- 1/2 cup dried sweet dark cherries roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño deseeded, minced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lemon sliced for garnish
- Set a pot over high heat and add oil. When the oil is shimmering, add in the ras el hangout, shallots, and garlic. Saute until fragrant. Turn off the heat. Add in the broccoli florets, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, pistachios, cherries, jalapeños, and cilantro. Chill overnight in the fridge and eat chilled.